Checking things off the list

I recently had a few days off work and spent them at the farm enjoying the quiet and getting a few things done.


Finally! A shower!

If you've been reading this blog from the beginning, you know the trials and tribulations we've gone through whenever we've needed to do anything related to the plumbing at the farm. The shower has been no different.  You see, there's never been a shower at the farm. Only a bathtub. I know some folks love... Continue Reading →

Something on the side(table)

In a recent post, I mentioned my excitement over a pair of mid century nightstands I'd found in a thrift store right after Christmas. I've developed a love for mid century design over the past 5 years or so and keep an eye out for nice pieces whenever I'm thrifting or browsing Craigslist. This pair... Continue Reading →

Recent additions

As I mentioned in my last post, we haven't had a lot of time to get out to the farm recently. I went out a couple days in December (as Bri mentioned in his post about fixing the cuckoo clock) to get the baseboards done on the second floor and haul the final bed to... Continue Reading →

Pulling it all together

We haven't had a lot of time to get out to the farm the past couple of months, but there has been some progress made. We really saw a lot of our efforts come together the weekend of Thanksgiving. I had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, so we didn't spend the holiday there, but... Continue Reading →

Pane and suffering

it's somewhat unnerving to remove a 100ish-year-old piece of glass; I imagined all sorts of horrendous things happening if it happened to break unexpectedly

The elephant has left the room

After a less-than-satisfying start to our Labor Day weekend -- but a decent night's sleep, since we'd gone back home -- we were ready to make some progress on the Sunday of the long weekend. We'd bought every package of 36-grit sandpaper for the rented sander that the hardware store had and were ready to... Continue Reading →

Vacation: Days 6-7

Well, here it is, the end of my time off and I'm behind on blog posts. On Thursday, I spent the day at home working on a few projects around the house and beginning work on my oldest son's T-shirt quilt for his dorm room. My mom and I got a good start on that... Continue Reading →

Powered by

Up ↑